Third jewel of the OVH Triple Crown series
Teams follow a marked route with lots of opportunities for optional jumping across fabulous hunt country. Great cross-country riding opportunity for all disciplines. Ribbons mailed out to those closest to the ideal time set by an OVH member.
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Start time: Between 9 am and noon
- Location: 8935 Abb Road, Ottawa
- Cost: $60/rider (HST included)
- Pre-registration and pre-payment required. Registration closes at 6 pm on September 16, 2023. No refunds on registration fees.
- Waivers are included in the online registration process. Provincial association membership is not required. Proof of vaccinations/Coggins is not required although on the waiver you must attest that your horse does not have a contagious disease.
- English and Western riders welcome. Dress code is casual. Safety helmets are mandatory.
- Secretary’s booth opens at 8 am. Please register when you arrive with the names of the people who will be on your team. If you don’t have a riding partner and wish to be paired with someone, we can arrange that too! Take note of the number to call in case there is an issue while on course.
- Riders ride in teams of 2 or 3 riders. Teams can start their timed course between 9 am and noon. The order of go is staggered on a first come, first served basis.
- The course will span over several separate properties and will include different terrain: forest and open paths, edges of fields and public roads. It is recommended that the horse is shod or wears hoof boots unless it is used to doing this kind of a thing without shoes.
- The length of the course will be between 10 and 20 km and there is typically at least one shortcut to make it shorter.
- Stick to the marked route. On public roads, ride in a single file on the gravel shoulders as our neighbours have asked that their mowed shoulders and ditches are not ridden on. Ride on the edge of all fields. Jump only jumps that are marked for jumping. You are free to jump some jumps a few times; however, this is a public event, not private cross-country schooling.
- If you encounter a slower team, please make your presence known and request to pass in a safe manner.
- Report all falls to the secretary. If there is an incident that requires medical attention while on course, call emergency services and the organizer at the number that is available at the secretary's desk.
- Bathroom facilities at the clubhouse. Refreshments for the riders at the halfway house.
Volunteer opportunities and questions
Please contact email@example.com for more information.