The OVH has developed these protocols in accordance with Equine Canada recommendations.
The COVID virus still presents a great risk. For the safety of our Masters, members, and their families, we must follow measures that continue to prevent the introduction of the disease. This means diligently following the new OVH biosecurity protocols outlined below and continuing to abide by provincial health care regulations intended to minimize the spread of the COVID virus.
In accordance with Equine Canada recommendations, the OVH has developed the following biosecurity protocols:
- The OVH will maintain a controlled schedule of attendance for all horse activities. Please follow the OVH website and Facebook page for more information.
- There will be a maximum of 10 horses/riders per group allowed, with physical distancing between riders of different households, as per government requirements.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on site.
- Each rider should bring and use only their own equipment.
- Until otherwise notified, the clubhouse will be closed, including access to the washroom.
- Non-essential individuals are not permitted to enter the clubhouse.
We understand that the biosecurity plan presents many sudden changes, but the health and safety of our staff, and each and every one of you is our top priority. We will continue to monitor the evolving state of the COVID pandemic and update our protocols as needed. Please feel free to connect with us if you have any questions.