2020 OVH PUBLIC EVENTS
In addition to attending our cross-country rides or hunts as a guest, you can take part in our fun public events!
Below is the key information for each event. Pre-registration and pre-payment required to reduce lining up at the registration desk.
- Email the completed (please type) entry form per rider to email@example.com well in advance of the event, by 10 pm on the night before the event at the latest. If your form is not filled out clearly, you will be asked to fill it out again. In addition, you must bring the completed form with you to the event.
- Take care of the $50 payment per rider. The address to use for e-transfers is firstname.lastname@example.org. We have an autodeposit, but sometimes it asks for a password as an added security feature. If so, use "3rdHunterPace". If you are paying for someone else, include in the comments field who the payment is for. The link to pay with credit card is at the bottom of this page. When we have received pre-payment from all the members of your team, you will be emailed your team number.
- Make sure to print out, complete/sign and bring with you this OVH waiver for each rider. Write your team number (emailed to you once we've received pre-payment from all team members) on the top right corner of each waiver. The greeter at the gate will collect your forms and give you a tag for your team. This will save you from lining up at the secretary’s booth.
- If you forgot your forms, if there were changes or you are paying with cash or cheque, only one person per team should come to the secretary's booth. Wearing a mask to the registration desk is recommended. You don't have to wear a mask when riding.
Note that there may be a photographer(s) taking photos at these events and that the photos may be used in OVH’s social media, website, emails and collateral. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com for more information.
October 18 Hunter pace: Triple crown finale
Fundraiser for the Thomas Cavanagh Foundation
The OVH is a proud supporter of the Thomas Cavanagh Foundation established in memory of one of our cherished landowners. Donate to the Thomas Cavanagh Foundation
Location: OVH Farm, 8935 Abb Road, Ashton
Schedule: Secretary's booth opens at 9 am. Teams head out between 10 am and noon.
Description: Teams of 2 - 3 riders follow a marked route with optional jumping across fabulous hunt country. Ribbons to 6th place. The 5 series winning teams will also receive ribbons. Placings will be listed on this website, OVH's social media and email. All ribbons will be mailed.
Additional information: No jackets are required and breeches can be any colour. You can also use any colour or shape of saddle pad. There will be a portapotty for your convenience. The bar in the clubhouse will be open for refreshements, but there will no food on site.
Registration fee $50 (hst incl.)
If you are unable to pre-pay using e-transfer or credit card (PayPal), you can bring cash (exact amount in an envelope - no change will be provided) or a cheque made to the Ottawa Valley Hunt to the secretary's booth.
- E-transfer (firstname.lastname@example.org; no password required as we have autodeposit). Sometimes it asks for a password as an added security feature. If so, use "3rdHunterPace". If you are paying for someone else, include in comments who the payment is for.
- Credit card using PayPal. If you are paying for someone else, include in comments who the payment is for.