The first jewel of the OVH Triple Crown series
Combine your detective and equestrian skills for a morning of fun on a marked course across the lovely trails and variety of optional cross-country obstacles of Elysian Fields. The OVH’s 150th Anniversary Treasure Hunt is a special remembrance of its founder, Betty Sulpher, who designed the earlier courses and wrote the poetic clues - which will be featured in this event - to help you find the treasures. An exciting challenge for new riders and a fabulous trip down memory lane for our alumni!
- Date: Monday, May 22, 2023
- Start time: Between 9 am and noon
- Location: 219 Upper Dwyer Hill Road, Ottawa
- Cost: $60/rider (HST included)
- Pre-registration and pre-payment required. Registration closes at 6 pm on May 21, 2023. No refunds on registration fees.
- Waivers are included in the online registration process. Provincial association membership is not required. Proof of vaccinations/Coggins is not required although on the waiver you must attest that your horse does not have a contagious disease.
- English and Western riders welcome. Dress code is casual. Safety helmets are mandatory.
- Secretary’s booth opens at 8 am. Please register when you arrive with the names of the people who will be on your team. If you don’t have a riding partner and wish to be paired with someone, we can arrange that too! Take note of the number to call in case there is an issue while on course.
- Riders ride in teams of 2 or 3 riders. Teams can start their timed course between 9 am and noon. The order of go is on a first come, first served basis.
- Teams are given a sheet of clues and they navigate the course from one station to another, picking up a "treasure" from each station. The team with the most "treasures" and closest to the optimum time wins.
- Collecting some "treasures" may require dismounting. It is not mandatory to collect "treasures".
- The course is contained on adjoining properties, so there is no need to ride on public road or to cross public roads. The course is on grass and sand trails.
- Stay on course and jump only jumps that are marked for jumping. You are free to jump some jumps a few times; however, this is a public event, not private cross-country schooling.
- If you encounter a slower team, please make your presence known and request to pass in a safe manner.
- Report all falls to the secretary. If there is an incident that requires medical attention while on course, call emergency services and the organizer at the number that is available at the secretary's desk.
- Ribbons mailed out to those who found all treasures and were the closest to the ideal time set by an OVH member.
- Portapotty on site.
Volunteer opportunities and questions
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.